One Sunday when we were driving home Christopher, who was not quite 2 at the time, seemingly randomly started to fuss. I turned around to check on him. He was not talking at that point, but I immediately figured out was going on. He was staring at the Chipotle Mexican Bar as we drove pass. Hungry, he saw our most frequented restaurant with hope. But, we just drove past. Poor little guy was afraid that meant he did not get to eat…
We tried not to eat out too often, but that Chipotle was regularly visited by us. I really love the food there. Enough that I am almost glad that there is not one where we live now. My budget is happy even if my taste buds are sad.
One of my favorite things there was the cilantro lime rice. It was the only place I got it. Then one day I decided to make it myself. “Brilliant”… even if a bit of delayed brilliancy. I should have thought of that one sooner. But, better late than never.
I was quite happy it was so easy to make. All I did was dress cooked rice with a cilantro lime dressing. Then I had a fantastic rice dish awaiting whatever my little heart desired to top it with.
Pst: Above it is pictured with my Slow Cooker Green Chicken.
- 4 cups hot cooked rice (white or brown)
- A few handfuls of cilantro leaves (around 1 bunch)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Juice of three -four limes
- Salt, if needed
- I cook the rice in my rice cooker with 1 teaspoon salt for two cups dried rice.
- Roughly chopped the cilantro leaves. Mix together the honey, olive oil, lime juice, and cilantro. Stir over the cooked rice. Add salt if needed (I don't usually as I cook the rice with salt).
Gluten Free Wednesdays @ The Gluten Free Homemaker