So, apparently when you photo shoot cookies between two toll shot glasses full of milk they look like monster cookies. Well, they aren’t monster cookies but they are loaded cookies. Loaded with healthy foods such as dates and tahini and yummy foods like raisins, spices, apple juice, ginger, and pecans. I get all the cool points for making cookies for (or better yet, with) my kids while still giving them something quite healthy. Win – win.
These are based off of my Tahini Date Cookies. I like those, but I was wanting something with a bit more spice the other day so I made these.
I was conflicted about posting them as they are so close to that recipe. But, those were based on just being simple, these are a bit more special. (Assuming you like the taste of sesame, it is strong in these cookies.) I especially like the anise in them because it adds a bit of a licorice flavor to them.
- ½ cup tahini
- ½ cup very packed madjool dates
- 3 Tablespoons Apple Juice
- 1 Tablespoon ground flax
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried powdered ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground annise
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup chopped pecan (or nut or seed of choice)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. If using a metal cookie sheet, lightly oil or line with parchment paper.
- Put everything but the baking powder together in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Blend in the baking powder.
- Get a little plate of water, a Tablespoon (or medium size cookie scoop), and a fork. Use the Tablespoon/scoop to get approximately a tablespoon of dough. Wet your fingers in the plate of water, and then roll the dough into a ball. Place evenly on a cookie sheet. It should make about 1 dozen cookies. Dip the tines of the fork into the water, then press the crisscross design into the cookies. I find you need to dip after every cookie to keep from sticking.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the edges are set, and the tops begin to lighten, and the cookies look puffy.
Natural Living Mondays
Gluten Free Wednesday
Natural Sweetened – August Addition