Mini Greek lamb meatballs, which are grain and egg free. They are made moist through the addition of shredded zuchinni. They are served with a lemon tahini sauce for a very fun meal.
Did you miss me?
It has been two weeks since I last got a post up, and it about drove me crazy. After my computer dying nearly 3 weeks ago, my back up computer also bit the dust. I have fallen head over heels in love with blogging and really missed it for the last two weeks.
The break, though completely unplanned, was probably good though. Natalia’s list of no-nos just drastically increased and it was good to have a few weeks to (try to) learn how to cook for her. But, I have missed blogging and am glad to have three great posts to share this week.
I am kicking off this week with the easiest meatballs ever. Not to mention the cutest. Do you see how tiny they are?
These are based off of my zucchini lamb patties I posted during the summer. I love meatballs (exhibit A and B), and am always looking for new ways to make them egg free. Zucchini adds moistness and flavor without too much body for the meatballs to need the addition of eggs to hold together.
I changed of the flavors from the patties, going for a more Greek version, and baked them up as tiny little meatballs. Then I used a a thinned out version of my whipped lemon tahini for a very creamy sauce.
After I got all the ingredients, I remembered that zucchini is squash, one of the new additions to Natalia’s no-no. Well, I never forgot it was squash, so much as I had just pictured no fall squash. She ended up having something else and I probably won’t be making these again any time soon. But, they were so cute and yummy and I just had to share.
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped mint (don't pack when measuring)
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped dill (don't pack when measuring)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups grated zucchini (don't pack when measuring)
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- Whipped Lemon Tahini, for serving
- Chopped chives, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix everything (but the whipped tahini) together. Shape into small meatballs, just slightly larger than 1" balls. Place on a sheet pan.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, until baked through.
- Serve with lemon tahini for dipping, or if you want to drizzle the sauce over it (like pictured) slightly thin out with water. Top with chopped chives if desired.