This post was originally published on my old site, Sweet Kisses and Dirty Dishes. I am slowly moving over the recipes that fit this blog from there.
Brownies = Yummy Gooey Chocolate Goodness
Blondies = Yummy Gooey Non-chocolate Goodness
Burnt-Orangies = Who burnt the food?
Slightly-Orangish-Beigies = What in the world is that?
Pumpkies = the pumpkin version of the phenomenal not-quite-cookies-not-quite-cakes-oh-so-gooey “ies” baking category.
So, make way brownies and blondies there is a new “ies” in town, and this one is all about fall.
By the way, did you notice I have not talked about the fact that they are are gluten, dairy, corn, soy, egg, and nut free? That is because you wouldn’t even notice if you did not know. No weird textured, gritty, have to eat when hot baked goods in this post!
To help support the work behind Worth Cooking this recipe has affiliate links. I have to say that. But, I get to say “these are yummy!”
- 1½ cups pureed pumpkin
- ⅔ cup softened coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oat flour (gluten free rolled oats ground in food processor or coffee grinder)
- 2 cups sucanant (or white sugar, not brown)
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- ¼ cup ]arrowroot flour or tapioca starch
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tsp corn-free baking powder
- ½ cup allergen free mini-chocolate chips (such as enjoy life brand)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9 * 13 pan by oiling or lining with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the pumpkin, coconut oil, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix the oat flour, flax, arrowroot, cinnamon, ginger, clove, salt, sucanant, and baking powder. Add the dried goods to the pumpkin mix and stir to combine. The batter will be fairly thick.
- Spread batter into the prepared pan, top with chocolate chips if using. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, or until the sides of the pumpkies pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Let cool before cutting. (I know that is hard, but they are pretty delicate before cooling). Cut into 24 approximately 2" pieces.
Allergy Free Wednesday
Gluten Free Wednesdays @ The Gluten Free Homemaker
Gluten Free and DIY Tuesday @ Fearless Dining