After years of very restrictive diets due to allergies and health issues, we’ve enjoyed the freedom of not having them a bit too much. Our 80/20 approach to eating real foods has become more like 50/50.
Beyond our quality of food spiraling downward, our family dinners have been bulldozed by business, and I’ve even stopped cooking with the kids due to a galley kitchen, them attending school this year (vs. being homeschooled) and increasingly full schedules for both Mark and me.
Something’s got to change!
I’ve gotten the seal of approval and the promise of support from the hubs, and I’ve talked to the kids who are also on board. Our family-wide resolution for 2018, is to get back into “real food eating” with a family-centered approach.
I am getting more into why we chose the three things “quality ingredients”, “enjoyed together”, and “to nourish” to focus on, plus what they mean to us in another post in January. In the meantime though, I wanted to share this with you because not only are we getting back into the way we want to eat, I am relaunching this blog to share the journey with you.
The elves have been hard at work behind the scenes here for months, and you can expect to see the following things this year:
- Solid day to day recipes that make real food doable and are definitely Worth Cooking
- Beautiful dye-free desserts for special occasions that are Worth Decorating
- Reviews of a selection of my favorite cookbooks and nutrition books that are Worth Reading
- Round-ups with seasonably appropriate foods that are real food friendly and Worth Pinning
- Tips and tricks I have learned about how to DIY in the kitchen, make real food easier, etc. that are Worth Sharing
- And last but not least, monthly updates on how we are doing (the good, the bad, the ugly) with our Real Food 2018 resolution.
Here’s to 2018!
Do you have any new year resolutions? If so I’d love to hear about them. Comment on them below.